Miles for Melanoma Virtual 5k – Los Angeles
Join us for the Los Angeles “Virtual” Miles for Melanoma 5k!
Although we could not have our event in person this year, we have an amazing 5k planned for you! As a thank you for being one of our amazing, dedicated Miles for Melanoma locations, we have created a “real-time” race for you! You will be able to participate in a “Real-Time” virtual race on October 3rd, have your friends and family follow along via the app, and see your Real-Time leader board results as you participate. When you complete your race, your results will automatically be posted on the final page, just like a real race!
How does the “Real-Time” App work?:
- Download the GPS enabled App on your phone
- Toggle back and forth between the “race” course and the actual course you are running/walking
- See your live leaderboard results and mile splits in real-time!
- When your race is over check out your final results along with where you stand on the leaderboard
- Share the app with your friends and family because it’s free! They can follow along as you run your race!
- Run or walk. You choose the location that is most convenient for you! It can be a trail, city streets, your neighborhood, or even a treadmill.
- Run your race during your “Real-Time” live event on October 3rd, or run any day during the event week, and post your results manually on our leader board.
- If you run during the Real-Time event, you will have a 9-hour window in which you can participate. Start at any time that works for you during the 9-hour window, just make sure you can complete your race before the event times out.
Is there a deadline to register for the Miles for Melanoma LA event to use the Real Time app?
- NO! Registration will be open through Saturday, October 3rd. If you have not already, be sure to register prior to 4:00pmPST to have the opportunity to access the race. Upon verification fo your registration, we can then add you to the app.
What is included in the registration?
- Registration includes access to the many activities that will be taking place throughout the event week and access to the Real Time app. If you donate, or fundraise, $100 (or more!), you will receive our 2020 Miles for Melanoma UPF 50+ shirt from Coolibar, in the mail.
Live Event Date: October 3rd, 8:00 am (PST) to 8:00 pm (PST)
Check out the app here – Remote Racing App
Oct 15 - Nov 1
Halloween Haunted Hustle Virtual Race$39.99 Select options
October 31 2020
Miles for Melanoma Virtual 5k – New York$0.00 Select options
October 17 2020
Miles for Melanoma Virtual 5k – Chicago$0.00 Select options
Capital Race SeriesSelect options
Ocotober 1 - December 13
2020 Berkeley Half Marathon Virtual Race$39.99 – $59.00 Select options
Oct 1 - December 13
2020 San Francisco Marathon Virtual Race$59.00 – $149.00 Select options
Miles for Melanoma Virtual 5k – Los Angeles$0.00 Select options
Sept 15 - October 15
Endless Summer Virtual Race$39.99 Select options
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a virtual Event?
A virtual event is an event that involves people interacting remotely/virtually, rather than meeting in a physical location.
Our virtual events, such as a 5k run, walk or cycling is an event that a participant completes wherever and whenever they choose, this can be done on neighborhood streets, sidewalks, trails or even on a treadmill. The event is open for a stated amount of time, days/weeks with a given distance or time goal. The participant pays the registration fee and in exchange, they receive an award for their participation, typically this is a shirt and medal, however, the event organizer can choose to offer whatever items they would like, examples are a tote bag, a premium jacket, a water bottle or maybe just a digital badge. A leaderboard is also provided for participants to post their finish times and see and compare with other participants’ results.
How does a virtual event work?
Simply register for your event here, the next step is to complete the distance or goal of the race and earn your participant items. The goal set by the event rules that you registered for can be completed at any location you choose. You may also choose to run, walk, or bike, indoors or outside. The choice is completely up to you, this has to be completed on or during the virtual event date(s) stated. When you complete your event simply enter your results on our results tracking page (linked here) and see how you did against your fellow virtual participants. Upon completion of the event, you will be mailed your participant items, typically sent two weeks post-event completion. This is a great way to build community, keep fit, and maybe even raise funds.
How do I prove I participated in the event?
Currently, all virtual events are based on the honor system for submitting your results. Once you complete the event you're registered for, simply go to our Post Event Results page, choose the event within the dropdown, record your time, and then submit. It's that easy.