“Real-Time” Virtual Race Series – November
Fall is the best time of year for running, let’s keep going! Get ready for your next virtual event at the end of the month. Participate in our real-time virtual race experience this month, have your friends and family follow along via the app, and see your live leader board results as you participate. When you complete your race your final results will automatically be posted on the results page, just like a real race! This is the second race in our 6 race series.
How does the “Real-Time” App work?:
- Download the GPS enabled App on your phone
- Choose one of the courses we create or run your own course
- Toggle back and forth between the “race” course and the actual course you are running
- See your live leaderboard results and mile splits in real-time!
- When your race is over check out your final results and where you stand on the leaderboard
- Share the app with your friends and family it’s free! They can follow along as you run your race!
- Run or walk. You choose the location; a trail, city streets, your neighborhood or even a treadmill
- Run your race during our “Real-Time” live event on November 28th, or run any day during the month, and post your results manually on our leader board.
- If you run during the Real-Time event, you will have a 24-hour window in which you can participate. Start at any time that works for you during the 24-hour window, just make sure you can complete your race before the event times out.
- You can purchase a commemorative shirt with the March 2021 race!
Live Event Dates: November 28th, 8:00 am to November 29th, 7:59 am
- December 27th
- January 31st
- February 28th
- March 28th
Check out the app here – Remote Racing App
Capital Race SeriesSelect options
Oct 1 - Dec 31
Black Lives Matter Virtual Race$39.99 Select options
Oct 1 - Dec 31
Mystery Box Virtual 1k 3k or 5k Race!$19.99 Select options
Oct 15 - Dec 31
Outrun 2020 – A Virtual Streak Event!$39.99 Select options
Oct 1 - Dec 31
7 Hills of San Francisco Challenge$39.99 Select options
“Real Time” Virtual Race Series – October$19.99 Select options
“Real-Time” Virtual Race Series – November$19.99 Select options
“Real-Time” Virtual Race Series – December$19.99 Select options
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a virtual Event?
A virtual event is an event that involves people interacting remotely/virtually, rather than meeting in a physical location.
Our virtual events, such as a 5k run, walk or cycling is an event that a participant completes wherever and whenever they choose, this can be done on neighborhood streets, sidewalks, trails or even on a treadmill. The event is open for a stated amount of time, days/weeks with a given distance or time goal. The participant pays the registration fee and in exchange, they receive an award for their participation, typically this is a shirt and medal, however, the event organizer can choose to offer whatever items they would like, examples are a tote bag, a premium jacket, a water bottle or maybe just a digital badge. A leaderboard is also provided for participants to post their finish times and see and compare with other participants’ results.
How does a virtual event work?
Simply register for your event here, the next step is to complete the distance or goal of the race and earn your participant items. The goal set by the event rules that you registered for can be completed at any location you choose. You may also choose to run, walk, or bike, indoors or outside. The choice is completely up to you, this has to be completed on or during the virtual event date(s) stated. When you complete your event simply enter your results on our results tracking page (linked here) and see how you did against your fellow virtual participants. Upon completion of the event, you will be mailed your participant items, typically sent two weeks post-event completion. This is a great way to build community, keep fit, and maybe even raise funds.
How do I prove I participated in the event?
Currently, all virtual events are based on the honor system for submitting your results. Once you complete the event you're registered for, simply go to our Post Event Results page, choose the event within the dropdown, record your time, and then submit. It's that easy.