Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is a virtual event and how does it work?
A virtual event is an event where people register for an event to complete on their own time from their own location (i.e. remotely or virtually), rather than meeting in a physical location and running as a large group. Virtual Races are a great way to stay active and healthy, build your long-distance running community, support a charity and earn some cool swag and bragging rights along the way!
- How virtual races work:
- How to find a virtual race to run: Browse our all events page to see a list of current races. You can choose which events you want to participate in based on our 6 categories (listed and defined below) as well as distances, open period of race, registration fee or participation items.
- Timing: Most of our virtual events are open for a specific period of time and participants can choose to complete their selected distance at any time during that period. Real-Time Live Events have a specific date and time to be completed and must use our VIRTUAL365 app for tracking purposes.
- Ways to complete: Each race will list how you can complete the distance. Options typically include: walking, running or bicycling, inside (treadmill or stationary bike) or outside (neighborhood streets, local trail, community track or nature trails, etc.). Always check the rules to see what options are available.
- Registration Fee: Most virtual events will charge a registration fee. Each virtual event will have different participation items. Some such items include a shirt or medal, a tote bag, a premium jacket, a water bottle or maybe just a digital badge.
- Make sure to always check the rules for specifics regarding timing, ways to complete and fees.
- Submitting times: For non Real-Time Live Events, results are based on the honor system. After a runner has completed their selected distance, simply go to our Enter Results page, choose the event you completed in the dropdown, record your time and then submit. It’s that easy!
- Participation items: Expect to receive your participation items two to three weeks after event closes.
Categories of Events
One Time Events
A single race that should be completed in one run on the day of your choosing within the open dates of the race.
Events that focus on a larger, more long term goal. Track your daily miles or time you walk/run, enter it on our tracker and see how long it takes you to complete the final goal. Every minute/mile makes a difference.
These are more than your average virtual race, this takes it to the next level. Complete a series of challenges, earn prizes along the way and bragging rights for finishing on our leaderboard.
Real-Time Live Running Events
Events hosted on our VIRTUAL365 app that features an official course, audio cues, head to head competition and a live leaderboard. These events are held on a specific date and time provide a live event experience for runners.
Events sponsored by corporations.
Events sponsored by charitable organizations.
How do I prove I participated in the event?
For non Real-Time Live Events, results are based on the honor system. After a runner has completed their selected distance, simply go to our Enter Results page, choose the event you completed in the dropdown, record your time and then submit. It’s that easy!
Real-Time Live Events use our VIRTUAL365 app and are tracked through that.
When Do I Receive My Participant Awards?
All participant items will be sent directly to the address you submitted when you registered, approximately two weeks post-event close date. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive the items with 30 days of close of the event.
Is running the only way to complete an event?
Our events are set up to get you moving and keep you moving!
Each race will list how you can complete the distance. Options typically include: walking, running or bicycling, inside (treadmill or stationary bike) or outside (neighborhood streets, local trail, community track or nature trails, etc.).
Always check the rules to see what options are available.
If I don't live in the US can I still participate?
You can complete virtual races from anywhere in the world! During registration, shipping charges will be calculated based on your mailing address. Participation items will take longer to be delivered to international addresses.
Can I donate to a Charity when I register?
Our platform allows you to choose from a variety of charities to donate to, giving back as you get healthy is always a good way to stay fit! Simply select a donation amount or enter your own amount at checkout and we will forward your donation to the specified charity.
Are refunds offered?
Unfortunately, we don’t offer refunds. We understand that situations may come up that don’t allow you to participate during the stated time, we can help you transfer to another virtual event we are offering. Email us at email@example.com.
Can I host my own Virtual Event?
Yes, you can host your own event! We have all the tools you need for hosting your very own customizable virtual event. We provide the registration platform, customized participant items, design services, participant results & leadership board for posting and viewing finish times results, and we also fulfill and ship the items to your participants. You provide the concept and determine the events offering elements and we provide the site/services and product/fulfillment. For more information follow this link.